Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"daniel boone slumber party"

When I was in Bali and laid up in the bed with lots of "morning sickness" and other things that people were guessing was amoebic dysentery, I spent a lot of time reading blogs. They made me feel warmed and loved and happy, inspired and all dreamy. They did make me long for my house, getting crafty and my friends though, which was hard when I was a gamillion miles away from most of those things. Yes, I did take a box of bead stuff with me but never really worked on it while in Bali...though, in a hostel in Singapore I spent some precious time beading. One of my favorite blogs to read then was Posie Gets Cozy. I still like it a lot now but don't have the same dedication I once did...or maybe I don't have the same amount of internet browsing time, I should say. I was checking up on her today and laughed out loud at this really great post about a dress she made. I don't know how to thread a sewing machine despite attempts by my mother, bliss and denise to teach me how over and over, again. So, I think that I can safely laugh b/c I hold no competitive threat to any dress maker anywhere in the world. The funniest part is really how she frames the whole thing...and the words "daniel boone slumber party". i am laughing right now about it even.

No comments: