Sunday, July 6, 2008

earache and hemp milk ice cream

after glammy arrived, we spent the morning at the farmer's market. somehow we missed eating chocolate there but we did stock up on local peaches, tomatoes, peppers of all sorts, blackberries, squash, zucchini, purple cabbage and green beans.

Morning:
e and i split a banana and a bagel. we ate blackberries at the farmer's market.

we spent some time at the library that has a million more books than our local neighborhood library does. i started to feel achy and sore when we got back in the car. mainly, my ears were both aching but especially my right ear. i cannot recall the last time i had an earache but wow! are they ever painful! i knew i would need to rest when we got home. i tried to sleep with a hot wash cloth on my right ear. the pain had spread to a sinus like headache above my right eye and all in my jaw, even. i thought i was going to die, seriously.

afternoon:
i ate leftover tofu, brocoli and rice then went to sleep for hours!
not sure what e ate but i know her dada fed her well. and, they made pasta together. we went to a birthday party around 3pm although i was in so much pain. luckily, my best friend is a nurse and totally gave up time at her daughter's 2nd birthday to nurse me back to health. she did a candle waxing on my right ear and gave me some drops for it. then, she made me take vitamin C, echinacea and emergen-C once i came downstairs. precious nurser. thank you. i started feeling better as the day went on but was still achy and tired. we did eat homemade cake that resmebled a strawberry with hemp milk ice cream. yeah, sooooo yummy! we also ate crackers and mock chicken salad, pasta salad that hubs made with lots of veggies and basil, hummus and tortilla chips by zoe, and some sort of dip that reminded me of "nacho cheese". e ate a few jellybeans, too.

that evening, we were beat. i tried to fall asleep but couldn't. hubs and his mom made garlic mashed potatoes with fried kale. sooooo delicious! i came downstairs and ate a bowlful before bed.

No comments: