Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Good Ole Fashioned Book Burning

On Monday night, I burned three books in the fire pit at my neighbor's house. We had a bunch of brush in the back back of our yard and our nighbors have a fire pit on the back back of their yard. So, they let us burn stuff. earlier in the day, i bought a few books at our thrift store where paperbacks are .25 cents each or 10 for a $1.00. i bought "happiest baby on the block", "siblings without rivalry" and a book about avoiding discrimination from toddlerhood. Also, there are three books that i bought with no intention of reading...ever. One of them is a famously horrible book that encourages parents to ignore their child's natural cycles of hunger and rely on three hour increments of "feedings". It also encourages parents to ignore their tiny babes as they wail and cry. I don't know about you but when I am in distress, I sure do like to be ignored by my loved ones as I scream for help. It helps me feel loved by them and that they (and the world around me) are trustworthy and safe. Yes, sir-ee! So, two copies of that went into the fire. The other book that went up in flames had a wonderful title along the lines of "sleeping through the night". Who does that, anyway? Certainly not me. And, i would seriously worry if any newborn slept without eating for 8 hours.

Thus, the book burning. Any guesses on the title of the two copies i burned? I will post pictures after someone guesses correctly! (I have a feeling it won't take long.) If you were at my house, you cannot vote though...that would just be too easy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BabyWise. (barf!)

Tobi said...

I'll go with Baby Stupid---I mean Baby Wise.

When I first read the post I thought that you had burned the Happiest Baby on the Block---ahhhhh! :)

gunter fam said...

you are both right! and, i love you both, btw! i will get the pictures uploaded to my mactop soon so you can dance for joy at the burning.