Monday, August 13, 2007

she's cute; what's wrong with me?

my lil toddler is so freaking cute these days; it is ridiculous. just today, she's been spinning around with her hands high in the air saying, "weeeee" as the gentle breeze blows her golden blond hair. she's been putting the bear to my breast saying, "milka, milka, milka." she likes the bike rides in her little seat now! she holds the bear or an umbrella and she squeals with delight. when traffic gets too congested, it frightens her as much as it bothers me. " wrap eza" means she likes to be wrapped in a blanket like a burrito then unrolled out onto the bed very quickly. she immediately responds, "doidgen!" in her happy voice.

she's with andy now loading up on movies as i am sentenced to rest in bed for the next 24 hours. after the fourth trip to the bathroom (between 3 and 9am today), i decided that i need some medical attention or at least, a second more professional opinion (than my own of andy's). on friday, i spoke with one of the docs and she told me to take some chinese herbs (sorry to be so vague) in pill form. two pills every three hours. i would not have to run to the potty for a while but eventually, the stomach cramps and the aftermath would come back. so, today, andy helped set me up with a more intense doctor visit. the midwife sent a driver to come get me and bring me to the birth center. there, i met with the same doc and discussed my symptoms. then, i had my first acupuncture treatment lying in an open air room with a bunch of other people having my friend change the burning moxa from my needles. the other staff would come by and check on me or wish me rest as i got treatment. the top of my right foot is sore still as i don't seem to have much room for needles there. the doc gave me a bag full of more chinese herbs in pill form and i am to take 8 (yes 8) of them three times a day over the next day. additionally, i am to take an entire bottle of small chinese herbs tonight and in the morning. she thinks i have amoebic dysentery. as bad as that is, it is better than having typhoid! keep me well in your thoughts and prayers for restored health and send some energy for andy to care for ez.

you may get to hear more from me as i could be bored over the next day. or, i may get to catch up on some reading (borrowed a book from the clinic that was written by one of the volunteers) and movie watching. i have a check in with the doc later tonight and in the morning. if things aren't better in the morning, she will call another doc to take blood and an uhhhm, other sort of sample. oh, the benefits of working at a birth center that is so much more than just a birth center!

No comments: