Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sanur

Tomorrow is our dear friend's birthday.  So, today we went to the beach to celebrate.  We borrowed a car from her uncle-in-law.  He reminds me of my hubs in a lot of ways, one way is how generous he is to let us drive his car to the beach each year!  He's never even asked to see hubby's driver's license.  Last year when we were here, he was building a neat house so when we went to pick up the vehicle (it's called a Kijang) , we got to see the outside of the finished house.  A fellow birth center family is staying there so she invited us to come for a tour anytime.  The Kijang has 3 rows, no car seats and limited functioning seat belts.  But the bigger worry for me is not those things or my hubby driving it but the state of the roads combined with the 'fend for yourself' mentality of drivers here.  Goodness, I had forgotten.  Makes for an interesting prayer inducing drive.

We made it to the beach with my friend's daughter and I feeling rather car sick.  The ocean tide was out or the water had been swallowed by a giant greedy frog, as E's storybook explains.  So, we went to the pool at a fancy hotel and ordered food. They have installed slides for the kids since our last visit.  We never actually stay at the hotel but if you order food and ask nicely, they will let you swim in the incredible pools.  There's a fancy spa, which my friend and I should have taken advantage of probably but our families were having too much fun to leave them.  The girls went down the slides a million times and jumped off of fountains into the water.  I drank a young coconut and ate fries and spaghetti (which wasn't gluten free so it wrecked up my now sensitive stomach).  We spent the whole afternoon here after a long stroll down the beach.  We strolled back to our car after changing into warm, dry clothes.  The drive home was a bit more sane because we took a back road that we like.

Tomorrow, we celebrate Ibu Duah's true birthday with a lunch handmade and cooked by her hubby!

No comments: