Friday, September 9, 2011

Remeber This

Today, so many neat words were said or actions done that I want to imprint them on my long term memory.  When we were in the kitchen making dinner, E was slicing the polenta for our chili lasagna (which we later devoured/recipe made up as we went).  She said, "Mama, who is the King of Polenta?"  My, what a great question.  Immediately, I think of King Corn which she has of course, never seen but may have heard the term.  Instead of mentioning this, I just say, "Oh, I wonder who is.  Polenta comes from corn.".  She follows this up with, "Well, then, God must be the King of Polenta."  Clearly.  Must be.  B wonders in to the kitchen and seems to agree.

After dinner, we were in the backyard straightening up for our weekend fun.  I was weeding when B comes over with a purple flower in her hand and says, "I want to bless you."  I squat down with fireworks in my heart as she proceeds to rip the flower apart and then suck the inside parts of it.  "This is the juice.  Here, get some."  Guessing she was imagining honeysuckles which we ingest at her Glammy's house, each time with me reminding them that I loved doing this as a little girl.  I get some.  Then, she sweeps the inside bits across my face and closed eyes.  Incredible.  Then she tries to tackle me.  Fabulous. 

Her sister, who is usually my flower blesser, turns the hose on full blast which alarms hubby.  She explains that she needs to get her hands wet.  Why?  To make the blessing stick to the middle of my forehead, of course!  So, the sage is picked from the herb garden and applied to my forehead.  A purple flower is placed behind each of my ears.  And, I am fully blessed.  More than they could ever imagine, I am blessed by them, their presence and their thoughtfulness. 

As hubs went out for DNO, I got to snuggle the babes to sleep.  The bear was already asleep when E came in after her daddy stories.  She said, "Are we having a snuggle fest in here or what?"  Affirmative, my daughter.  We settled in and it was so precious to see her turn to her lil sister, place her arm around her and squeeze knowing full well the lil'est one was already slumbering away.  Was it just for herself to get her arms around that gooey lovey one while she was still or was it for the gooey lovey one to know E's love even in her sleep?  Either way, it was an act of love and connection that I cherish seeing. 

There were more moments like this today where I told myself to please remember and right now, this tired mama has already forgotten.  Two nights of little sleep start to catch up with a mama used to getting enough of it.  The bear was restless last night as her fever had come back up a bit.  Another round of garlic was applied.  She threw up randomly in the middle of the night after taking a sip of water.  I was lying with my back to her, so yes, my hair was the recipient of puke.  Thinking I had cleaned everything up, it was such a mothering moment when this morning in the playroom, the girls say, "Mom, you have throw up all over your back, your shirt.  Look at yourself."  Uh, who knew?  I headed up to the shower without delay.  Yep, I am blessed.

No comments: