Monday, October 17, 2011

Potato Chips as Self-Care

Have you ever gone a whole month without eating potato chips? 

Well, don't do it, again.

We eat the semi-healthy kind of potato chips around our house.  They aren't always homemade by us personally though.  We eat a few specific brands with organic ingredients and no weird words that I cannot sound out.  It just so happens that we found one of those delicious brands of chips here in town.  And, proceeded to buy 3 bags.  My very favorite is Salt & Vinegar.  Hubs digs the Salt & Pepper. 

Since it had been a whole month since these yum yums had crossed my lips, I worked with my family to devour a whole bag in one day.  Yep.  Had to help them not lose any weight, you see.  They are tiny ones with a touch of Bali belly the other day. 

The dear, Kyrie over at Are So Happy has given us a daily challenge to focus on the ordinary arts and the role of these in our lives.  Here's her weekly breakdown:
  • Monday: The Art of Self-Care
  • Tuesday: The Art of Nurturing
  • Wednesday: The Domestic Arts
  • Thursday: The Creative Arts
  • Friday: The Art of Community
  • Saturday: The Art of Nature
  • Sunday: The Sacred Arts
So, with a very light heart as a person not in my homeland, I relished in potato chips this day to celebrate self-care.  Yes, I am fully aware that I may be the only one participating in Kyrie's weekly updates who sees potato chips as self-care but hey, give me a break.  I am probably the only one participating from Bali, too!  ;)  

No comments: