Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday Top Ten

You all will be happy to know that many great things happened this weekend that fulfilled my birthday wishes!  I am going to narrow down some of my favorite things but I would honestly list 100 instead of just 10; it was that kind of pleasing weekend.

1. Eating vegan pizza with some of my dearest friends was incredible.  I was so thankful for each moment of conversation and caring.  Two different times with two different friends, eye contact was all it took to understand each other.  That was so cool to experience!  Once was concerning a wine glass that i needed and the other was locating my oldest child who was sitting on the floor playing games in a group of kids.  I am so thankful for incredible loves in my life.  Having time with friends who I miss was really special.  I got to sneak over to my neighbor's house and have awesome conversations with them. 

2.  My friend came home from the hospital earlier than expected and walked down his street, even!  Suck it, cancer.  You will be defeated.

3. We had a super yummy breakfast with Uncle Anthony at a place we hadn't been to in years; we ran into two friends there!  Then, we took a long walk on the trail near my house.  It was a great walk.  I ran with Wexlar while my family took their time.  He is so fun to run with but I sure did miss that Sherp.

4.  Hubby's mom came to watch the girls for us; they were okay with us leaving.  Dinner at a vegetarian restaurant was incredible!  We stopped off into a restaurant and had a glass of wine at the bar b/c we never just do that with our kids in tow these days.  We went to the healthy grocery store b/c it was in the same town and we needed stuff for canning.  We ran into awesome friends from church and enjoyed chatting and laughing with them!  We texted with hubby's mom the whole night and she wrote things like, "GREAT!!!" in response to how things were going.  We were so stoked that we decided to check out a place near our house that lots of friend like to go for dancing and drinks.  We called our dear friend to meet us there and had fun.  It was really crowded but so enjoyable to be out with a friend and have full conversations.  We called it a night and came home to...guess what?  Two sleeping children!!!  They had fallen asleep at their normal time after a full dinner and toothbrushing.  What was once so hard for them to do with hubby's mom worked.  That was the best gift of the night, by far.

5.  We stayed up late watching, "The Drifter" and dreaming of our Bali.  Oh, how we miss you, dear island.  How we long to feel your warm sun on our skin, eat your coconuts and catch the next generation of humans born there.  One day.  One day soon.

6. I woke up to coffee brought to me in bed and then an incredible hubby made brunch!  He is incredible and made the whole weekend so special.  He insisted I open my gifts before eating and I was so blessed by the beautiful art prints he found for me.  Exactly what I wanted.  Last week, he gave me a huge pot with a canning rack inside and today he gifted me with canning jars and sealing lids.  Woo hoo!!  He cleaned everything up all weekend and did piles of laundry.

7. That dear neighbor and our Waldorf teacher friend canned tomato sauce!!!  My very first canning experience turned out fabulous.  We have about 5 or 6 large jars of spaghetti sauce now.  I am so stoked to can this summer as my tomatoes grow.  What a gift to learn with friends.  So thankful.

8. Then, we got to walk on a different part of the trail with Wexlar and his papa, my girls and their papa.  Wex let me run with him, again.

9. We came home to hubby's homemade brownies, which tasted INCREDIBLE and coconut milk ice cream.  too yummy and thoughtful for words.

10. It's with a full heart that I say goodnight to this wonderful weekend.  I feel the love.  I do.  I will hold it near me all year long as I have already planned in this being a really. fabulous. year.

No comments: