Sunday, November 16, 2008

You are 30!



























how are these two gonna get along over the next decade?
last thanksgiving at your house.  we need more pics of us together in front of the camera, i see!

Today is my best friend's birthday!!!  In about an hour, 30 years ago she came into the world.  She is one of the most amazing women i have ever met.  And, not only have i met her but i get to call her my best friend, my sister.  

Through our friendship, we have taken turns offering and receiving support from each other but they both feel so right that it's hard to tell the difference sometimes.  Who is standing on whose shoulders this week?  I have never had such completeness is a friendship.

From the silliness of mr. adams and too many mojitos to the seriousness of animal rights and birthing babies in each other's presence, i enjoy it all with you my dear one.  thank you for everything.  

so glad that you were born!  watch out, babe, this is going to be the best decade of our lives!!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

seeing that pic of BabyWise burning made my day LOL

domesticgoddess said...

How did I miss this post?? Its amazing that you have more pictures of me than I have of myself! We need to give he camera to the guys more often, huh? Thanks for the photographic trip down memory lane...and for sharing my 30th with me...and for mothering with me...and most of all for being the awesome-est friend a girl could have! Here's to the next decade!!

gunter fam said...

erin- yeah, i love to burn or rip or otherwise destroy that book.

ashlove- nothin' but love, my friend. nothin' but love.

Anonymous said...

That you would burn a book is ridiculously immature. I have never read the book but your intolerance negates all that you hope to do in your blog. Is that what you would teach the children who you help bring into the world--burn all that you disagree with/hate? It makes me sad...

gunter fam said...

hey pat,

i understand that book burnings upset some people. the book encourages parents to neglect and harm their children. i do not have tolerance for books/words written that encourage those things. thanks for sharing your perspective.

Anonymous said...

It seems pretty ironic that the picture above the burning of a book says "safe, gentile, respectful." You have this platform where you could have quoted the book, discussed what you disagreed with and then helped people understand your points. But instead, you burned a book in public, you posted it once on your blog and then you posted it again. You say you don't have tolerance for neglect and harm but the manner in which you have operated here is full of those things. It seems to be something else...

gunter fam said...

thanks, again, pat for your ideas. i agree that it would be a good idea to discuss the book; i will try to create a post that is more helpful. (if it matters to you, i did burn the book in my neighbor's backyard, not so much in public.) You are right that by merely destroying the book on my own i am being neglectful. thank you for bringing that to my attention and thanks for the inspiration!