Thursday, November 13, 2008

welcome to the world precious baby

the web of support that we wove just a few weeks ago. and, now, precious joey is here!!! thank you, ladies for that day of support. it was present with us today as she labored on!

my friend called me at 4am. i love getting calls at 4am. most people do not like to be woken up at that time and especially by a ringing phone. i, on the other hand know the sound of my phone ringing means a woman is in labor. and, wants me to join her! isn't that about the most honorable thing ever... to be asked to attend someone's labor and help them through the process of giving birth? i can never convey how honored i am to be able to have this as my job!

i won't spoil the mom's glory by telling her story here. but, once she's ready to type it all up, i will link it for you to read. it's a glorious story my friends. she is incredible. totally amazing. really strong and courageous.

these are the hands of her mom, too. her mom is an amazing with words. her prayers are so right on and she's full of encouragement. thank you for being you. i think that you are wonderful.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Thank you for making today's birth experience what it was. I KNOW it would have been totally different and not as comforting without you.