Monday, November 3, 2008

a quilt

the batik was gorgeous! and so are those baby legs you see sticking out next to us!
oh so sneaky we were!

my best friend just gave birth to her fifth and final babe. i hosted a mother's blessing for her before the wee precious one was born. i wanted to really bless her with a handmade gift that drew all the women together. with the help of the best massage therapist in the world (who happens to be a master quilter), we pulled off creating a quilt without my friend ever knowing!

3 comments:

domesticgoddess said...

I will never let you live your sneakiness down...although I will say that once I saw the beauty and love in that quilt I quickly forgave all your undercover craftiness!

Thank you again, dear friend, from both me and Iris!

Mama Goose said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! I'm impressed. You have really been working on your creative abilities in the past few years. :)

gunter fam said...

ash- love you with all my heart.

amy- i get by with a little help from my friends. if i have a friend to get crafty with, things go a lot smoother!