Tuesday, January 30, 2007

today is my birthday!

this is what i look like on my birthday, sharing a photo with my favorite babe.

vegan gingerbread cupcakes with lemon icing. with real ginger pieces! and a handmade topper from ezra's boyfriend. her future mother-in-law made the cupcakes. i heart their whole family!

Today is my 29th birthday. It's a good day to be 29. I only wish that I could recall what happened as I was born...or see a video of it, at least. My mom gave birth to me as a single mom, at the tender age of seventeen. She said the epidural hurt so much when they put it in. I have no doubt that my mom is strong and tough but I hate that I caused her pain in labor. My daughter's birth was probably so different from my own. She was born at home with a supportive husband and the few hand-selected people I love in the room. It must have been so hard for my mom from the very beginning. I think that she loved me as a newborn babe though. I think that she may have even liked being pregnant, just a little. I love this one picture of my mom standing on the porch with a quilted maternity shirt on her very pregnant body. I love being a mom and am so thankful for my own mom. Thanks, mom for giving me allow. These days I am really thankful for it!

1 comment:

Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Happy Birthday! The Indian food was to die for, as were all the friends to share it with. Great job on a rockin party, Ana barely made it to the car before her eyes shut and they haven't opened since...that makes for a very happy Mama.