Sunday, January 21, 2007

"are you who i think you are?"

The day after my last post, hubby love and i came down with a wicked stomach illness. we spent the entire day throwing up. i will spare you the details. i have never felt that sick in my adult life! it's so much harder having a baby love to care for and not being able to care for her as well. if you are a couple planning to have a child, just don't ever get sick at the same time as your partner! that's my wise advice.

on friday, i did get to celebrate my birthday early with k rah at irregarless cafe near downtown raleigh. fun times although i was still trying to feel better. i barely got to eat the yummy vegan platter hubby love devoured. i did enjoy seeing our friends.

with my number one girl

smit and i love us some nancy pants

safe in the arms of love, holding me still, holding me near, in your arms of love.

my fave people.

the gals

thoughtful friends

often, she is my muse.

they are going to the chapel and they're gonna get married.

the next day, i promptly started throwing up, again. baby love took a really long nap, her dad was well on the mend and so i didn't feel too bad about laying around and reading all day. we did make it out to ant knee's birthday party. on the way there, we stopped to pick up a chocolate chambord cake from whole foods. the most wonderful thing of the entire weekend happened then!!! i kept catching eyes with a beautiful and familiar looking face while i was checking out and she was sitting in the cafe. i put my cake down, went to the bathroom, couldn't muster the energy to buy crocs in my size and went back to get my cake and leave. as i was walking out the door, i gave this woman one last glance and she waved to me. i practically ran to her, threw my cake down on the table and was quickly embracing her. at a loss for words, i just whispered into her ear, "are you who i think that you are?"

No comments: