Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Baby E says...

where is da baby?

there she is!

On Monday, we went gift shopping, ate a burrito for lunch and then wrapped gifts most of the afternoon. We ordered gravel for the driveway from some place that would prove to be run by complete jerks.

Baby e is talking a bunch now. She will walk to the door, point or slap it and say, "ow sighd". She refers to her older dog brother by his name now. The neighbor's barking dogs are clearly referred to as a quick "dahwg". Whenever we talk with her, she is quick to imitate the sounds we make. I never realized how often i singsay, "ba doop, ba doop ba dooo" until baby e started saying it.

She hugs us and give us kisses with a good "mmm muhhhh". She kisses and hug her toys and sometimes her food or her spoon. The whole hugging lasagna can get pretty crazy. She pets sherpa and hugs his huge head. He puts up with it, but I know he secretly is glad that she can interact with him in a loving way. Mostly, they just played tug of war until she started in with the love touches.

baby e and her pa snuggling on the sofa

On Tuesday, we hung around the house waiting for gravel to be delivered for the driveway. Promised by 11am, finally delivered by 2pm with MUCH drama. If you need a recommendation on a stone center to avoid doing business with, I would be happy to tell you of one! In more happy news, I did get a phone call from an old friend who I had hoped to hear from after reconnecting at my 10 year high school reunion. A took baby e out for a little gift shopping that evening. I stayed home to catch up on some reading for a certification I am currently working on. We watched a scary movie about a plane, kid-napping and psychotic people later that night. Baby e did not nurse to sleep for one of the few times in her life. She fell asleep snuggled up beside me on my arm. Soooo freakin precious!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

whatever! i hug my lasagna all the time....it's really not that crazy....geez stace! ;)
but what i'd like to hug more is baby e herself! at the rate i'm going, that'll be at her wedding.
i know i know..i'll get on it.