Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thinking about it all

Thanks for all of the comments (both in person and left here on the blog) and the e-mails about my last post. I am still trying to figure out what to do and as of yet, do not have a clear sense of direction. The common denominator may be an anatomy and physiology class taken locally for whichever next steps i take. Exciting!

I have been working on my etsy shop recently. A photographer friend took pictures of the necklaces for me, which i posted recently. I created and posted some notecards celebrating pregnancy and homebirth. They would be great for a mother's blessing. I am in the process of creating a simple mother's blessing kit with the basics people could use for a blessing. I am still trying to figure that out though. So far, i have candles, cards and string for the web of support. I need to find/create a larger senterpiece candle though that is affordable enough to package. And, maybe create a foot bath scrub? I hope to type up a brief outline that would inspire people to tweak for their own goals. That's it so far!

I have had two doula clients in the past month. I have two in Septemeber and then my best friend is due in October. I am backing someone up in Oct. but wanted that to be free for ashlove. Two friends are due the same week in Novemeber so let's hope that they go into labor at least 48 hours apart so I can rest in between supporting them.

After these births, we'll make a trip up to Ikea to see Nancy who just got engaged then fled town. We've got a fabulous halloween party, then 4 months of birthdays starting with e turning 3! WHAT? How is that even possible? Hopefully December will find us by the woodstove contemplating what to do with our lives. Or, maybe we'll have a few things figured out by then!

2 comments:

harrisfamily said...

If everything goes as planed I'll be taking Anatomy & Physiology at Durham Tech next semester.
-Beck

gunter fam said...

Realllllyyyyyyyyy? let's do that together, my friend!