Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy International Day of the Midwife (yesterday!)

So many of my recent posts have been catch-ups from our time in Bali.  Today, when I was taking pictures of the rose garden, per hubby's request, I thought of all the great days we are having right now and would like to capture more of that here, too. 

Today, we spent time in the garden watering and planting three types of peppers (ace bell, jalepeno and poblano).  Over the past month, we planted different types of tomatoes, spinach, zukes, yellow squash, cucumbers, three kinds of lettuces, eggplant and chives.  In the herb garden, we planted rosemary, sage, thai basil, sweet basil, thyme and oregano.  Our raspberry bush has some blooms on it this year!  Yesterday, I bought two lavender plants but am looking for just the right place for them.

Our neighbor came over to play this afternoon.  We ran around the house and outside.  Fun times.

Tonight, I met with a potential client...my first midwifery client that wasn't already a friend.  Very exciting.  It was with great joy that I heard the heartbeat with a fetoscope instead of a doppler.  This client lives in the neighborhood where I had my first homebirth.  Isn't that just awesome?  What confirmation about being on the right path.  Such a gift.

No comments: