Monday, April 19, 2010

Our Walk Home Part 3

You must be thinking that it's a reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllly lon gwalk home for us to go from Ubud, eh?  Posting this has taken more time than the walk there and back would have taken!  We pick up in our little village, finally!  We had made it to the land Bumi Sehat will care for as an organic garden and then build the new clinic on in a few years.

If you are reading my blog, I will strongly urge you to give $10 before the day is over to this effort.  (You can probably spare the money this week and it will go a long way there to saving lives.  Thank you for always putting up with my requests for funds; I will continue to make them!)  On to the pictures...
This is the soccer field where we watched PapaToo play each week.  Sometimes the school kids play here, too.  One evening after watching him play, my daughter and his daughter ran gleefully across the soccer field toward our house.  His wife and I yelled for them to stop.  His daughter stopped running but mine did NOT.  She ran right off the side of the field and I lost sight of her even though I was running behind her to catch up (holding my youngest one in arms).  A neighbor/stranger/young man sitting by the field was picking her up out of the ditch when I put eyes on her next.  She was crying, of course because she had fallen a couple of feet into the ditch and under the drain tunnel!  Goodness did my mamaheart start pounding.  I held her close, sat down and began examining her.  There was some blood but not really bleeding and many scratches already showing.  I retrieved her shoe from the drain tunnel then carried both her and her little sister home.


This awesome statue of a lionish creature is a fave for climbing each time we go to Bali. 

No comments: