Thursday, March 26, 2009

will etsy browsing inspire spring to come?

anyone else totally love waldorf (waldorf like, waldorf-y) toys? i think that they are so beautiful. i am scanning etsy right now thinking about what to get/make the girls for a simple spring/easter gift. there are so many cute little wool animals. current favorite animals in our house include: hedgehogs, chickens, bunnies, and farting walruses.

next year, i want to give them spring baskets instead of giving them on easter sunday. i struggle to find a balance of celebrating christmas and easter without the huge gift giving. i love giving gifts and love getting them. yep, it's an honest confession. when my mom sends me a box of handmade socks (matching socks, even better!), i love opening it! when books come in the mail; it is so much fun to open them up! i get excited about a present awaiting me by the doorstep. i *know* better on many levels. it's using up fossil fuels to deliver the gifts even though i try to buy handmade as often as possible. and, no, we do not actually need one more item of anything in our home.

okay, enough guilt inducing posting...back to the joy of etsy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I feel the same struggle. I know buying handmade is important (and I love it) but, yeah...I know what it takes to get it to me. So I try to just make as much as I can myself. I am also a big fan of the sweet Waldorf toys.