Monday, October 20, 2008

iris is here!

sisters being silly
loving each other.
so fun.my best friend gave birth to her fifth babe at her house last wed. night. it was an amazing birth in so many ways. my dear friend was brave and flexible through a labor that would ebb and flow. she even took a one hour hike through the woods with her hubby and i right before transition! her babe was born gently into the hands of a skilled CPM (Certified Professional Midwife). It was an honor to be by my friend's side. She helped me through a tough labor earlier this year. What a privilege to be her friend and to watch our babes be born! she likes elephants almost as much as i do. see her littlest babe (7 lbs 4 onz at birth) in the little elephant outfit below!
my future in-laws.
the newest babe, iris paxton!

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Welcome Iris! You're joining one of the most beautiful families I've ever seen. Fortunately they're really nice too. You'll be well loved, I'm sure.